“Our whole focus is that these children and their families can live with their life-threatening condition. It’s not always about the quantity of life, but the quality. Not just the length of life, but the depth of experience that they can have, given the right support.”
Scott Schwantes, M.D., FAAP, Board Member
Crescent Cove’s Strategic Pillars
Crescent Cove’s strategic priorities include offering care and support to families, building and operating the first residential children’s hospice and respite care home in the Midwest, and advocating and raising awareness for families caring for a child with a shortened life-expectancy.
- Family Services
- Expand contact with and support and services to families caring for a child or young adult with a shortened life expectancy through connections to and referrals from pediatric palliative care clinicians. Learn more here.
- Facilitate the design, site selection and fundraising efforts to lay the groundwork for accomplishing our goal of launching construction of the home in June of 2016, support through the building process, development of the clinical team providing state-of-the-art care and service to families.
- To foster a national conversation regarding the need for a residential home for respite and end-of-life care within the pediatric palliative care continuum and to identify sustainable financial models and strategic alliances to ensure the success of these homes.
- Governor Dayton has signed the legislation that includes children and young adults in the Residential Hospice License! Click here to read the language. (line: 368.22 and goes to 370.6 )
- Pediatric Palliative Care Symposium:
- Crescent Cove is preparing for our 2nd annual Pediatric Palliative Care Symposium on October 14th and 15th about the Caring and Critical Conversations around living, dying and death.
- Demand Analysis Summary:
- Thank you to ECG/Kurt Salmon for completing our Demand Analysis – for interviewing families and clinicians and for reviewing local, national and international data to inform the scope and nature of our home to be built and services provided by Crescent Cove here in Minnesota. This link provides the Demand Analysis Summary and this link provides a 20 minute webinar reviewing the results provided by Jesse Balok with ECG/Kurt Salmon.
Crescent Cove will be the only respite and hospice care facility in Minnesota where kids that have a life-threatening condition and their families can go for short breaks to rest, find comfort and feel safe while receiving quality palliative care during respite stays or at the end-of-life.
We need the community’s support to make this home a reality.
Please follow our mission’s new developments and help us to raise the necessary capital dollars to build this home:
- Bookmark our website: www.CrescentCove.org
- Follow us on Facebook
- Share our Mission Flier with your business, organization or church and find a way to get involved!
- Questions? Contact us by email at info@CrescentCove.org