Family Services Volunteer
Family Service Volunteers are hands-on and can assist families either:
At Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home for Kids
- Work alongside our Clinical Care Team to enhance the quality of life of kids and young adults with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- Assist with general House upkeep, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and yard work, all of which contribute to making Crescent Cove a joy-filled Home.
- Provide a compassionate presence for families.
- Engage with children and their siblings in activities such as reading, arts and crafts, playing music, and much more.
In Individual Family Homes (Upon Family Request)
- Assist families in a variety of ways offering practical and/or emotional support to family members. A family may request a trained volunteer to have a play date with siblings, bring a prepared meal, provide light housekeeping duties, mow their lawn, or run an errand when extra support is needed.
- A careful matching process aims to ensure that the volunteer placed with a family is most suited to meet the family’s needs.
Family Services Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, attend an hour-and-a-half in-person orientation, complete one mentored shift, and commit to a consistent schedule (could be weekly, monthly, etc). Volunteers can be 14 & 15 years of age if accompanied by an adult who has completed all necessary volunteer requirements.
All Family Services Volunteers are required to pass a Net Study 2.0 background check. Volunteers will provide Crescent Cove with required personal information in order for the application to be processed. In addition, each volunteer will need to have his/her fingerprints scanned at a designated location within two weeks of completing the background check. The processing fee is $9.10, and is paid by the volunteer at the time of fingerprint scanning.
We ask that all bereaved families wait at least one year before applying to be a Crescent Cove volunteer.
We are currently accepting volunteer applications. Once an application is submitted, volunteers will be e-mailed information about requirements, orientation, and a volunteer waiver.
Upcoming Training Sessions for Family Services Volunteers
Tuesday, October 29 3:30-5:00pm
Tuesday, November 19 3:30-5:00pm
Wednesday, December 18 6:30-8:00pm
Please contact Katy Glitsos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.426.4711 x6 with questions on becoming a Family Services Volunteer, or to sign up for an orientation.