Crescent Cove Respite & Hospice Home for Kids
In May 2018, Crescent Cove opened the Respite & Hospice Home for Kids, located on Twin Lakes in Brooklyn Center, for children and young adults and their families for pediatric palliative care. Pediatric palliative care focuses on enhancing the quality of life by addressing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs so the best quality of life can be achieved.
The following is available:
- Respite Care | Allows families to enjoy periodic breaks from continuous caregiving, providing an opportunity for rest and renewal. Crescent Cove kids stay for 1-7 overnights at a time throughout the year, receiving 24/7 nursing care. Families are offered up to 15 days/nights of respite per year.
- Hospice/End-of-Life Care | The Crescent Cove Home offers a unique alternative for families at a time of transition for their child. Our care team supports the family’s wishes while caring for the child who is imminently dying and ensure this care is consistent with clinical, cultural, religious, and ethical standards.
If you are a family interested in staying at Crescent Cove, please contact our team at Admissions@CrescentCove.org or 952.426.4711 x1.
There is no cost to families for respite or end-of-life care at Crescent Cove thanks to the generosity of donors who make this possible.
Home Info for Families
- Crescent Cove cares for kids and young adults with a life-limiting condition.
- Crescent Cove can accommodate up to six children and one family at any given time.
- Crescent Cove provides integrative therapies to kids during their stays at the Home.
- It is thanks to the generosity of our donors that we can offer the home at no-cost to families.