2nd annual Cove Competition #forthekids
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Hosted by the Crescent Cove Junior Council
Register your team for the second year of this fun competition at Crescent Cove featuring twists on triathlon activities.
Register your team by July 24!
Team Details and Registration:
To register a team, click here or click the Register button to the left. All teams are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on the details below. (Please note that in order to register a team of six, only a captain's name is requested. Team members names will be required by Friday, August 10).
Please read the guidelines below before registering:
- Each team will sponsor a Crescent Cove kid serving as the honorary captain. Once your team is registered, you will be assigned one of our kids and given a team name!
- Six individuals per team (All participants must be at least 14 years old)
- Each team is asked to raise a suggested minimum of $1000 for the competition.
- Once a team's registration is confirmed, the team captain will be asked to set-up a fundraising page to reach the minimum goal. The fundraising page should be set-up within seven days of registering your team to ensure a spot in the competition. Many tools will be provided to help your team achieve fundraising success!
- Each team will receive Cove Competition t-shirts and featuring the name of the Crescent Cove kid your team is sponsoring.
- All six team members will compete in each of the three activities and teams will be assigned a one-hour competition time slot between 10 am and 2 pm.
If you have questions about registering a team or the Competition, please contact Tara Anderson via email or at 952.426.4711 x4.
1) Who can participate? Teams of six are comprised of any willing participants! We ask all participants to be at least 14 years of age.
2) What's the fundraising amount? The fundraising amount for each team is a suggested amount of $1000 to support a weekend respite stay for one of our Crescent Cove Kids at Crescent Cove. Don't feel overwhelmed by making a goal: We'll provide you with a simple, online fundraising page to send to family and friends to help you meet that goal by the end of August, and we'll help you along the way.
3) Do I need all my teammates now? You can register a team as a team captain and tell us your teammates later! No need to have all six spots filled today; we just need them a few weeks in advance.
4) Why should I do this? Each team will be paired with one of our Crescent Cove kids, so you'll know who you are supporting. Each one of our kids & families stays at Crescent Cove at no cost, so you're helping us achieve that mission.
5) How hard will this "triathlon" be? This will be FUN, and really only take up an hour of your Saturday! And while we named it a competition, it's really all about coming out to Crescent Cove and seeing our awesome space that our kids & families get to enjoy.
We are in need of many volunteers to make this day a success! If you are interested in volunteering with event set-up on Friday, August 16, or on event day (activities include: registration, team leads, clean-up, activity timing, and more!), please click here to sign-up!